First, can I tell you guys how much I missed you?! I'm so happy to be writing for my blog again! It's been such a crazy transition and adjustment over the past few months but you know that I'd never leave you for too long. Now back to business - you know everyone has a beauty box now right? I think it's great because it's the best way to try out new products and introduce new brands to the consumer. However, as a woman of color, a lot of the products that are curated for these beauty boxes aren't really done with us in mind - and I mean that with no shade at all. It's just having a certain skin tone; having different undertones; having a different "type" of hair, I need products that are really curated to women of color.
So I was very excited to hear about the news that Essence was coming out with an Essence Beauty Box that was specifically curated by a team of African-American women with African-American women in mind. These are editors who have years of experience in the fashion and hair industry so I immediately knew that I needed to jump on this.
So before we dive into this inaugural box, the subscription is $15 a month and there's three different subscription plans that you can choose from - you can do a monthly payment plan for $15 per box and you'll be charged monthly; you can do a 6 month plan for $90 and you're charged upfront (still $15 per box) or you can do a 12 month subscription which comes to $165 and you're charged upfront (it comes to $13.75 per box). In each box, you're going to get five luxe beauty products. If you sign up, please use my referral code 992-4D8B-00F2!
So now let's get to it - you see what happens when I don't write for my own blog in forever and just live on social? I end up talking and talking and talking just because I missed you guys so much. But you'll see why I took a few months off...I needed to learn a few new tricks ;-)
So this first box includes five products it includes:
1. The Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave-In conditioner which is described as a daily conditioning treatment to improve manageability. It's a sulfate free formula that is supposed to be safe for color-treated, chemically treated, curly or straight hair. - Update - This is holy grail out of this entire box. I loveeee me a good leave in conditioner and it's coconut. I rub this on the end of my hair every night before going to bed. #Lifeismade
2. The Curls Crème Brule Whipped Curl Cream is a cream styler that will define, de-frizz, and moisturize your tresses, leaving soft curls without hold. - Update - I still love saying this name. Crème Brule. So sexy :-) Anyway, this is my second favorite product. I've been using this to tame my frizzy hair. I'll give you a better review once I keep my hair in a wash and go style.
3. The L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream which is a cream that is enhanced with 20% shea butter which is specifically designed to penetrate quickly in order to protect, nourish and moisturize your hands. - Update - Ok, this stuff is amazing and is the perfect travel size lotion. I love that I'm able to keep it in my coat pocket to keep my hands moisturized while I'm out. remember ladies, your true age will always show on your hands and your neck so it's best to keep them moisturized!
4. The Calvin Klein Eternity Now fragrance which is a bright addictive floral fragrance that features succulent fruits and radiant flowers that is enveloped in a soft cashmere veil. - Update - Full size bottle is already on my holiday wishlist! Do I need to say more?
5. Lastly, the Tarte Brow Architect which is an all-in-one brush, pencil and underscoring concealer With this tool, you can shape, line and define your brows with one simple tool. - Update - This is a really fun product that's great to travel with. Right now I'll be honest, I'm letting my eyebrows grow in because one looks like an evil twin. #NotCute
And are you ready for this? Here's a quick video of me styling my hair using some of my favorite hair products along with the Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave-In conditioner and Curls Crème Brule Whipped Curl Cream - which I've been using for about 3 weeks now and I am in love!
Overall, I'm really impressed with this box because they are including well-known brands along with new brands and it's great for exposure. Let me know in the comments what you guys think! Don't forget to use the #EssenceBeauty so we can talk!