Whether you love wearing regular lipsticks or liquid lipsticks, trying to get perfect application can be tricky. Most of the time, when I do lip swatches, I am not wearing a lip liner because I want you to see the true color as it's applied and you guys always ask me how to I get my lips lined so perfectly. So here are a few tips and tricks that you can practice so you can get the perfect pout at home.
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips. Do this about 30 minute before application to give your lips time to soften and "rest".
- Apply your foundation if necessary. I tend to bring my foundation down and around the perimeter of my lips to help neutralize my hyperpigmentation.
- Start applying the lipstick directly onto your lips. Depending on the applicator, avoid applying the color directly to the outline of your lips.
- Use a dense and small lip brush to trace the outline of your lips and to fill in the rest of your lips with color. Make sure that you're smiling with your lips closed to get the straightest line.
- Keep doing this in small strokes to build up the color and to avoid mistakes.