Say hello to color with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Palette Volume 2 – Artistic – Colors You Crave Palette.
Normally, this palette retails for $42.00 for 0.54 oz. of product but it is currently on a promotion at Sephora for $25. Clearly, with my recent obsession with eyeshadow products and our need to save some money, I got it to review.
Overall, I am very happy with the palette from the initial swatches. The only column that I wasn't too thrilled with was the first one:
- The pearly pink shade (I872) swatched well but I had to use about 3 coats to get it to build up to what you see above on my skin tone.
- The electric magenta shade (ME910) left me feeling underwhelmed by how difficult it was to build up if I wanted to use this as an eyeshadow. This is marketed and designed to be a blush so if you lightly pack it on then you will be fine. Otherwise, be prepared to put in a bit of work. I really like the blue undertones and iridescent violet sheen to it so I'll make it work without complaining. This also left a light pink stain on my arm when I removed it with one makeup wipe as the other shades
- The purple shade (S924) is a matte blush. There isn't too much that I can say on this shade that will make you like it. The color and undertones are pretty but the texture is pretty dry and hard to blend.
I haven't had the chance to play with it on my brushes and eyes yet so I will update you on social and on here once I do. Again, overall, I love this palette and it is well worth the price - especially if you're getting for yourself or as a gift. If I could, I would replace the two blushes with a similar shade to the ME-700 and the ME-302.
Availability: It is currently available at Sephora for $25.
Update 12/5/16: I played with it for an eye look twice. Here's a photo of me wearing the emerald green and gold shades from the palette. I had to use a bit of Unseen from Melt Cosmetics in my crease for a neutral transition and I mixed that with a bit of the purple blush to warm it up and add some color.
Additional products used:
- Make Up For Ever Liner No M-16 (white) No I-34 (green) and No M-10 (matte black)
- Nars Cosmetics concealer in Amande and Caramel
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Shadow Primer Potion (anti-aging)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (waterproof)
- CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder in Translucent Light and Translucent Deep and Mattifying Primer
- CoverFX Custom Highlighting Drops in Sunlight on top of the Highlighting Powders in Candlelight and Moonlight
- Liquid liner: Inglot black gel eyeliner in 77 and Sigma E06 wing liner brush
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Brushes from Octoly
- Tarte Cosmetics tarteist Pro Black Lash Adhesive ‑ Black
- MAC Cosmetics Fix+ Spray
- Becca Cosmetics Orange Corrector