OPV Gorgeous II Eyeshadow Palette - A melody of metallic and shimmering eyeshadows that range from lemon to soft brown.Read More
Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette ($50) is a limited edition 12 pan palette that contains 6 matte and 6 foil eyeshadow shades.
It is made in the USA; cruelty free and all shades are vegan free with the exception of Ladyship which contains Carmine so let's just say the palette is vegan friendly.
Photo taken with flash and LED lights (Brush swatches)
Photo taken with no flash and LED lights (Brush swatches)
The palette is incredible quality - the shades are creamy and pigmented - very easy to build up and use. Keep in mind the only 3 shades that I had a slight issue with was Princess, Heir and Ladyship. You can see more of what I mean in the video.
- Princess:I had to build up the shade but it was fine once I did
- Heir: Again, I had to build up the shade but it was fine once I did
- Ladyship: the only shade that isn't vegan free as it contains Carmine felt gritty when swatching. I did wear this on my eyes and it performed much better than I expected given the way the swatch felt.
Overall: I ADORE this palette. There aren't too many products that I normally say you have to get but you have to get this palette. It's perfect for creating different day and night looks and the quality of the shadows are worth the price tag.
Availability: Only available on ColouredRaine.com for $50 plus shipping - you can find coupon codes online that will normally knock off 10% of your order total
Say hello to color with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Palette Volume 2 – Artistic – Colors You Crave Palette.
Normally, this palette retails for $42.00 for 0.54 oz. of product but it is currently on a promotion at Sephora for $25. Clearly, with my recent obsession with eyeshadow products and our need to save some money, I got it to review.
Overall, I am very happy with the palette from the initial swatches. The only column that I wasn't too thrilled with was the first one:
- The pearly pink shade (I872) swatched well but I had to use about 3 coats to get it to build up to what you see above on my skin tone.
- The electric magenta shade (ME910) left me feeling underwhelmed by how difficult it was to build up if I wanted to use this as an eyeshadow. This is marketed and designed to be a blush so if you lightly pack it on then you will be fine. Otherwise, be prepared to put in a bit of work. I really like the blue undertones and iridescent violet sheen to it so I'll make it work without complaining. This also left a light pink stain on my arm when I removed it with one makeup wipe as the other shades
- The purple shade (S924) is a matte blush. There isn't too much that I can say on this shade that will make you like it. The color and undertones are pretty but the texture is pretty dry and hard to blend.
I haven't had the chance to play with it on my brushes and eyes yet so I will update you on social and on here once I do. Again, overall, I love this palette and it is well worth the price - especially if you're getting for yourself or as a gift. If I could, I would replace the two blushes with a similar shade to the ME-700 and the ME-302.
Availability: It is currently available at Sephora for $25.
Update 12/5/16: I played with it for an eye look twice. Here's a photo of me wearing the emerald green and gold shades from the palette. I had to use a bit of Unseen from Melt Cosmetics in my crease for a neutral transition and I mixed that with a bit of the purple blush to warm it up and add some color.
Additional products used:
- Make Up For Ever Liner No M-16 (white) No I-34 (green) and No M-10 (matte black)
- Nars Cosmetics concealer in Amande and Caramel
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Shadow Primer Potion (anti-aging)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (waterproof)
- CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder in Translucent Light and Translucent Deep and Mattifying Primer
- CoverFX Custom Highlighting Drops in Sunlight on top of the Highlighting Powders in Candlelight and Moonlight
- Liquid liner: Inglot black gel eyeliner in 77 and Sigma E06 wing liner brush
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Brushes from Octoly
- Tarte Cosmetics tarteist Pro Black Lash Adhesive ‑ Black
- MAC Cosmetics Fix+ Spray
- Becca Cosmetics Orange Corrector
Today, November 4th, is National Candy Day so it’s Time to Celebrate! I mean, you have seen the name of this blog right? Candy Coated Closets was born because of my desire to write and love of photography. I knew I needed a creative outlet that could house all of that and still let me reach a fanbase that had a similiar passion so I knew I wanted my name to really capture what I was about - a fun and happy environment - like my beauty room (which was then solely my shoe room). Imagine, walking into a room packed with shoes, makeup, jewelry, skincare - I mean...it was heaven. Everytime I looked around, I felt like a kid in the candy store (mind you I am in love with candy too). So hence, the Candy portion of the name was born.
So I figured today was the perfect day to celebrate that and National Candy Day. I could go on and on about my favorite types of candy and what might be worth checking out but seeing as Halloween was just last week and we all have buckets of left over candy, I found another way for us to celebrate...with an amazing candy themed giveaway!
For starters, let's talk about the newest Candy fragrance. Prada Candy Kiss is a flanker to the playful gourmand collection from it’s earlier years: the original Prada Candy from 2011, Prada Candy L’Eau from 2013 and Prada Candy Florale from 2014. Last year, you may remember the adorable Candy Kiss mini collection that was launched (mini bottles of the three original fragrances in 20ml).
Now the new flanker, Prada Candy Kiss which was developed by Daniela Andrier, channels the addictive nature of the Candy composition and enhances its characteristic scent of musk. It’s described to have been designed to re-activate emotions and impressions. Largely, this idea has evolved from the sensual veil of musk evoked in delicate white cotton all in a sensual cloud. There are also notes of vanilla and orange blossom which enrich and brighten the fragrance as it opens.
Overall, this isn't one of those overly sweetend fragrances that can have a tendency to overwhelm most people. It is more of a soft and sensual sweet that tends to pull more musky and vanilla on me as it dries down.
Now as for this Christian Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Colours & Effects Eyeshadow Palette in No. 676 Candy Choc shade. "True to the bold colour creation from the House of Dior, each harmony explores a unique world of colour. Based on a central shade, the signature of the palette, 4 accessory shades are used to create a multi-faceted look. Like a couture wardrobe for the eyes, 5 Couleurs gives free rein to your creativity to achieve custom makeup results. Dior has also created two ready-to-wear looks for the eyes—natural and sophisticated—based on the central shade." - Christian Dior website
I would have saved this bright palette for a Spring giveaway but its perfect for today.
Blog giveaway (One winner) To enter this giveaway, simply follow/subscribe to this blog and leave a comment on this post telling me some of your favorite types of candy. Scroll down to find my subscription box or look to the to right of your screen to follow/subscribe. *Please note – Don’t worry if you don’t see your comment right away. I have to approve most of them :-)*
Contest ends Saturday, November 5th, 2016 at 5:59pm EST. I will choose one subscriber at random from those who commented on this post. Remember that you have to be subscribed/following this blog! The Instagram winner will be chosen separately.
No giveaway/spam accounts. Open internationally; 18+ to enter. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Good luck to all!
Instagram entry (One winner) To enter this giveaway on Instagram, please head to over to this photo and follow the rules listed to enter.
It's official. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Master palette by celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is coming in October 2016. It is a limited edition eyeshadow palette that looks to be more neutral and cool-toned.
During his official announcement of the palette, Mario instagrammed his excitement and stated that “all of the shades are named after the most influential women and places in my life. These women and places have all been very significant in my life and career.”
The palette includes 12 shades and an eyeshadow brush. The shades are (finishes to be announced):
- 5th Ave
It will retail for $45 (no pro discount available) and will be available online at Anastasia Beverly Hills on September 29th, October 4th online at Sephora, Ulta and Macy's and in-stores on October 15th. Again, it is limited edition. Here are additional swatches taken from Norvina's Instagram page.
Now that we're finally seeing the palette up close, are you interested in it?